If you haven't heard about Shipt yet, let me introduce you to the world of sorcery. THEY BRING YOU YOUR GROCERIES. To your door. When we signed up, we put in our address and they brought up a list of stores closest to us that participate, which was only one. Meijer. So that's where our groceries come from and Meijer has done a pretty awesome job of cataloging most stuff.
COOL THINGS ABOUT SHIPT
- We can't find something, does that mean we just don't get it? Nahhh, Shipt has a link, 'Add Special Request' to your order. We used this to get lunch meat from the deli. I was super specific about the brand and amount and our shopper did a great job getting it done right.
- You can also 'Add a Note' to an item in your basket. We do this a lot for produce. With banana's or vine tomatoes the quantity says '1' but I always try to specify '1 bunch, not 1 single banana.'
- If your store has a rewards program you're part of, Meijer has mPerks, you can link up your account and use your coupons and rewards as well.
- Shipt uses 1 hour shipping windows. If you place your order in advance, you can add to your order (hello forgotten items) change, or cancel it UP TO ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR DELIVERY TIME. I place an order at 4:30, the delivery is between 6-7. I can change, add to, or cancel my order by 5.
- THEY DELIVER WINE. Any alcohol actually, you just have to show your Shipt shopper your license and you can't be hammered when they drop it off.
- If I don't have alcohol in my order, I can tell them to drop my items off inside my all seasons porch if I can't be there. It's a very cold spring though, so my cold stuff is okay for a very short time out there until I can get to my stuff.
- Your Shipt Shopper communicates with you in real time. If your store is out of something, you can choose a substitution preference. Either 'Ask me' or 'Best Judgement' or 'Don't substitute'. Mines always set at 'Ask Me' so they text me and ask if something isn't at the store or for a better understanding of what I want.
NOT SO COOL THINGS ABOUT SHIPT
- You can get a not so great shopper. I've had over 10 deliveries, and only 1 of my shoppers really messed up a couple things in my order. YOU CAN REMEDY IT THOUGH. After every delivery, you can tip your shopper and leave a rating and review on them. You can also go back into your order, click the botched item, and then click 'Leave Item Feedback.' You can then tell Shipt if you got the wrong item, if it was missing, or if it was damaged. I did this with my botched order and they credited my account for my next order. It was painless.
- Their store selection can be limited. You can request stores for your area though. I've requested Target. i'm sure my husband has sent Shipt a letter begging them not to offer Target as an option.
- I can't use my paper coupons. For Gain this time around, mPerks offers a $2 off coupon, but I also have a 30% off paper coupon. Obviously, I can't use the paper coupon if I'm being a lazy ass and don't go shopping for myself.
WORDS OF ADVICE FOR USING SHIPT
- TURN YOUR VOLUME UP ON YOUR PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO IT. You Shipt shopper will text you about missing items from the store. If you don't answer, they use their judgement to swap or leave it behind. My last order had about 5 missing things that I had to advise how to replace. Plus, it's just rude. How much do you hate waiting on an answer to a text question? NOT VERY MUCH.
- If it's an important item or an uncommon item, you might want to get it yourself. Shipt is phenomenal for my every day shopping. But when I needed heavy duty ceiling hooks for a plant hanger, I went and got those myself.
All in all, $100 a year for Shipt is a steal and I'm super grateful it's available for when new little babe is coming. Between Shipt and Amazon Diaper Service, at least some of my Mom duties are going to be a lot easier.
YOU CAN ALSO GIFT SHIPT! *HINT HINT* For that new mom in your life.
If you want to give it a shot, you can use my code to get $10 off your first order. CLICK HERE to take advantage of my sweet offer.